What is IOrganizationService?
Is the web service that accesses data and metadata for your organization.
Why do I need a IOrganizationService?
You need IOrganizationService when you want to work with data in our Microsoft Dynamics CRM system. The methods available are:
- - Create (Create a record of an entity)
- - Retrieve (Retrieve a record of an entity)
- - RetrieveMultiple ( Retrieve a collection of records of an entity. This can be used with query expression or fetch XML)
- - Update (Update a record of an entity)
- - Delete (Delete a record of an entity)
- - Associate (Create a link between two records)
- - Disassociate (Delete a link between two records)
- - Execute (Execute a process. The must common is workflows, imports and detect duplicates)
How can I get IOrganizationService?
To get the organization service you need 3 thing:
- - User (username of a valid user on the CRM organization)
- - Password (valid password for the user)
- - Uri (You can get the organization service Uri in your Dynamics CRM system. Go to Settings à Customizations à Developer Resources.)
Need a reference to the microsoft.xrm.sdk.dll from the SDK
//organization url IServiceManagement<IOrganizationService> orgServiceManagement = ServiceConfigurationFactory.CreateManagement<IOrganizationService>(new Uri(“Uri”)); //Put Credentials AuthenticationCredentials authCredentials = new AuthenticationCredentials(); authCredentials.ClientCredentials.UserName.UserName = “user”; authCredentials.ClientCredentials.UserName.Password = “password”; AuthenticationCredentials tokenCredentials = orgServiceManagement.Authenticate(authCredentials); //connection to CRM OrganizationServiceProxy Service = new OrganizationServiceProxy(orgServiceManagement, tokenCredentials.SecurityTokenResponse); Service.EnableProxyTypes(); IOrganizationService _service = Service;